Chaga (Inonotus obliquus) is also known as Cinder Conk or Black Mass, which accurately describes its appearance. This mushroom, which feeds on birch trees, is native to the forests of Europe, Russia, North America, and cold northern climates in general, where birch is the primary tree species. For hundreds of years, Chaga has been wild-crafted and utilized by the people of northern Europe and Russia, often consumed as a tea.
Known health benefits of Chaga Mushroom:
- Immune Support: Beta Glucans & other compounds act as immunomodulators that help regulate the immune system. Chaga may also help regulate the production of cytokines, supporting the immune system
- Lower Cholesterol & Blood Sugar: Polysaccharides, proteins, dietary fibers & many other biomolecules have been shown to reduce unhealthy cholesterol & reduce blood sugar
- Collagen Support: Collagen is the most abundant protein in our body, accounting for about one-third of its protein composition. It’s one of the major building blocks of bones, skin, muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Chaga is known to help aid the production of Collagen in our bodies
- Cardio Health: Overall support of blood sugar, Blood pressure, and reduction in Triglycerides/bad cholesterol helps support cardio health
- Fight Cancer cells: Chaga contains betulin, a precursor to betulinic acid, which has been shown to inhibit the cancer-promoting enzyme topoisomerase. Betulinic acid has been found to be active against skin, brain, ovarian and head and neck cancers by promoting apoptosis, or the natural progression of programmed cell death
- Super Adaptogens: Known to help the body adapt to or resist things that cause stress (psychological, physical and environmental).
- Rich in Antioxidants: These mushrooms scavenge free radicals in the body, thereby slowing cellular oxidation and breakdown. This means less inflammation, less experience with chronic disease, and even healthier, more graceful aging.