Oyster mushrooms (Pleurotus ostratus) come in several distinct types and each one of them is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to keep your body healthy and defend against disease.
Oyster mushroom is a tasty and unique mushroom that is becoming better known to consumers due to its mild taste and delicate texture. It is unique among mushrooms for having particularly strong cholesterol and triglyceride-lowering effects, among other very important health benefits.
Known health benefits of Oyster Mushroom:
- Immune Support: Beta Glucans & other compounds that act as immunomodulators that help regulate the immune system
- Lower Blood Sugar: Studies have shown compounds in Oyster mushroom to lower serum glucose levels
- Lower cholesterol: Dietary fiber components may help reduce triglyceride levels in the liver
- Cardio Health: Overall support blood sugar, cholesterol, Blood pressure and presence of Ergothioneine which is also an excellent amino acid for protecting the heart because it prevents the buildup of plaque
- Super Adaptogens: Known to help the body adapt to or resist things that cause stress (psychological, physical, and environmental).
- Rich in Antioxidants: These mushrooms scavenge free radicals in the body, thereby slowing cellular oxidation and breakdown. This means less inflammation, less experience with chronic disease, and even healthier, more graceful aging.