Medicinal mushrooms possess a sophisticated immune system cultivated to ward off bacteria. When humans ingest these sacred mushrooms, they are bestowed with the herbs’ robust immunity and vast health-promoting properties
Reishi – Regarded by ancient herbalists as the ‘mushroom of immortality’, modern herbalists love Reishi for its powerful adaptogenic qualities. Reishi is used to support the immune system, relieve stress, strengthen the spirit, calm the mind and promote peaceful sleep.
Shiitake – Considered the ‘elixir of life’ by Japanese elders, this superfood mushroom bursts with amino acids, vitamins and minerals. A true medicinal powerhouse, shiitake is used to boost immunity, strengthen the respiratory tract, tone the heart, improve circulation and protect the liver.
Cordycep (Militaris) – Cordyceps are a dietary therapeutic mushroom that’s been used for centuries to improve the immune system and boost energy levels. Studies show many benefits to using codyceps mushroom extracts including a reduction of inflammation and oxidative stress, the leading causes of most disease. This makes cordyceps, along with chaga mushrooms, a good anti-aging and recovery supplement. Cordyceps militaris produces cordycepin, a bioactive compound with antitumor activity in various cancers. The mushroom’s polysaccharides help support patients in the treatment of cancers and also contains 18 essential amino acids, vitamins E, K, B1, B2 and B12, sterols and antioxidants superoxide dismutase and glutathione.
Turkey Tail – Used by Herbalists to cultivate a robust immune system that is able to combat pathogens, turkey tail is also beneficial for boosting Qi (Chi), supporting bone health, toning the liver, and improving gut health. Revered as a potent tonic herb on nearly every continent, turkey tail is high in the protein-bound polysaccharides PSK and PSP, which is thought to explain its ability to elevate both surface and core immunity against dangerous pathogens.
Oyster mushroom – (Pleurotus ostratus) come in several distinct types and each one of them is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to keep your body healthy and defend against disease.
Known health benefits of of our Mushroom Blend:
- Immune Support: Beta Glucans & other compounds that act as immunomodulators that help regulate the immune system
- Supports Heart health, Healthy Blood Pressure & Cholestrol: High in antioxidants, sterols, ganoderic acids (triterpenes), coumarin, mannitol and polysaccharides that all show great benefit for cardiovascular health. These compounds have many protective qualities against many of the risk factors associated with heart disease and stroke. Reishi, Chaga, Oyster & Shiitake have been known to reduce blood pressure and cholestrol.
- Fight Cancer Cells: Reishi, Turkey Tail & Shiitake extracts have been known & used to treat certain types of cancers.
- Super Adaptogens: Known to help the body adapt to or resist things that cause stress (psychological, physical and environmental).
- Rich in Antioxidants: These mushrooms scavenge free radicals in the body, thereby slowing cellular oxidation and breakdown. This means less inflammation, less experience with chronic disease, and even healthier, more graceful aging.
- Promote healthy sleep, fights infections, Liver & Gut support