With roots in traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), the lion’s mane mushroom (a.k.a Hericium Erinaceus, Yamabushitake, Hedgehog mushroom & Houtou) has been used for thousands of years to support the brain & nervous system, improve cognitive function and boost digestive health.
Known health benefits of Lions Mane Mushroom:
- Support Brain Health & alleviates Nuerogenerative Diseases: Helps arrest brain slow down & boost brain health by stimulating the creation of two important compounds – nerve growth factor (NGF) and brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF)
- Improves Mood, Anxiety & Focus: Lions Mane helps alleviate symptoms of mood disorders, anxiety by reducing the production of inflammatory proteins, improving blood flow & oxygen. The antioxidants in lion’s mane also promote learning and memory, possibly by strengthening your brain cells and stimulating the growth of new neurons
- Digestive Health: Lion’s mane may help digestive health by fighting inflammation, which could be beneficial for people with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). It has anti-bacterial effects that prevent Hpylori growth and alcohol-induced stomach ulcers.
- Immune Support: Beta Glucans & other compounds act as immunomodulators that help regulate the immune system.
- Cardio Health: Overall support of blood sugar, Blood pressure, and reduction in Triglycerides/bad cholesterol helps support cardio health
- Anti Cancer: Studies have revealed over 22 different phytocompounds found in the active cancer cell–killing lion’s mane extract, including cyclic dipeptides, indole alkaloids, pyrimidines, flavones, anthraquinones, amino acid derivatives, and phenolic compounds
- Super Adaptogens: Known to help the body adapt to or resist things that cause stress (psychological, physical, and environmental).
- Rich in Antioxidants: These mushrooms scavenge free radicals in the body, thereby slowing cellular oxidation and breakdown. This means less inflammation, less experience with chronic disease, and even healthier, more graceful aging.